New Delhi: Ayurveda is considered to be one of the oldest forms of holistic healing systems. There are several ways shown in Ayurveda which have the ability to cure diseases and health conditions. Similarly, there are rules for drinking water as well.
In a recent Instagram post, Ayurvedic practitioner Dr Rekha Radhamony listed out different ways to drink water the right way. A major part of our body is made with water and drinking water is essential for the body. You should always drink adequate amounts of water to avert the chances of dehydration.
In the post, Dr Radhamony describes five different ways of drinking water and these are as follows;
- “Drink water while sitting.” If you drink water while standing, it could lead to joint pain and kidney disorders. Moreover, when you drink water while standing, the water just flows and its nutritional benefits don’t reach several parts of the body.
- “Drink warm water or water that is at room temperature. Never drink cold water directly from the fridge. Cold water dampens your digestive fire.”
- “Use clay pots, copper, or steel to store water. Never drink running water. Always drink stored water.”
- “Never gulp down water, always drink it sip-by-sip.” When you drink sip water the saliva in your mouth gets mixed and it helps to balance the acid in the stomach.
- “For enhanced digestion, drink boiled water which is reduced to one-third, or one-fourth or one-half of its volume.”
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.