Food safety officials imposed a temporary ban on a popular hotel in Chennai after a customer claimed she found maggots in the food she had ordered.

According to a report by NDTV, the incident, which took place on Monday, August 15, occurred at the Namma Veedu Vasantha Bhavan hotel in Koyambedu.

The woman, identified as Rani from Ashok Nagar, had gone to the restaurant with her son on Monday. The restaurant is located inside a mall. She had ordered chhola puri as her son had requested.

But after the meal arrived, she noticed a worm crawling in her food and she screamed. Horrified by the incident, Rani filed a complaint with the Food Safety Department, after which an inspection was carried out.

After the inspection, officials temporarily banned operations of the restaurant as well as the kitchen.

Further, they warned the restaurant’s owner regarding the issue in accordance with the Food Safety Act.

Janmashtami 2022: Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini extend wishes, Vivek Agnihotri says ‘Krishna is not restricted to Hindus’

Read More..