Amla or Indian gooseberry is one of the best natural ingredients you can use for your hair. The superfood has multiple benefits for your tresses. From treating issues like hair fall to dandruff, amla or Indian gooseberry can really do wonders for your hair.
There are different ways you can use amla or Indian gooseberry in your hair care routine. An easy way is preparing a hair wash and using it once every week for healthy hair.
How To Make Amla Water For Hair?
Ingredients Required –
- Amla Or Indian Gooseberry
- In a pan, add about 1 liter of water. Add freshly chopped amla or Indian gooseberry to it. Bring to a boil. Once the water changes its colour, turn off the flame.
- Let the water cook down and strain it. Remove all the solid amla particles.
- Amla hair wash is ready.
How To Use Amla Water For Hair?
- Use this amla hair wash after your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Pour the amla hair wash over your clean, dry hair. Let the amla water soak into your hair.
- Gently massage the amla wash over your scalp.
- Leave this on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with clean water and let them naturally dry.
- To enjoy the best results of this amla wash, you shouldn’t use any hair product over your hair after it. Avoid washing your hair for at least 2 days.
Amla Hair Wash Benefits
If you are suffering from dandruff, you must use this amla hair wash. Amla has vitamin C which helps treat dry scalp which is a common cause of dandruff. Also, the anti-bacterial properties of amla help reduce the itchiness on the scalp which is caused by dandruff.
Premature greying of hair is quite common. It usually happens because of lack of nutrition. If you have been suffering from this issue too then you should use this amla hair wash. Amla is packed with essential nutrients which fight premature greying of hair.
Does your hair lack that natural shine? Using this amla hair wash will help you make your tresses glossy and smooth again.
Frizzy hair is another common issue women face today. Amla hair wash helps in taming frizzy hair by removing dead cells on the scalp and moisturising your skin.
This amla hair wash is also a great way of boosting hair growth. Amla or Indian gooseberry has vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients which help in increasing circulation on the scalp and lead to hair growth. Vitamin C present in amla also helps in the production of collagen protein. So, when you use this amla hair wash, your hair doesn’t only grow lengthwise but gets thick too.
Dry hair breaks more. Use this amla hair wash as a natural conditioner for your hair. Amla helps nourish and condition your tresses. It makes your hair a lot more smooth and manageable.
If you have thin and weak hair then rinsing your hair with amla water can be beneficial. Amla helps strengthen your hair follicles and prevents breakage.
Other than using this amla hair wash, you should also add Indian gooseberry to your daily diet. You will enjoy the maximum benefits of this superfood when you consume it directly. There are different ways you can do it. Have amla pickle, amla murabba, amla juice, or just munch on some amla everyday. It is recommended to consume 1 amla everyday. However, if you are undergoing a medical treatment, make sure you consult your doctor before making it a part of your diet.